Do you find yourself more busy and tired than you would like to be? Are you exhausted a good deal of the time?
Even if you’re doing only what you love – too much of a good thing will likely wear you out. And if passion isn’t robust in a full routine, then we’re probably even that much more worn out, and maybe even feeling defeated on some level.
If non-stop doing, even if you love it, is your story – you may be headed for burn out.
When our inner regulatory systems are stressed with long-term imbalance (i.e. lack of rest), its common the adrenal glands will wear down. The first signs of this (fatigue throughout the day, craving salty food, low blood pressure, easily sick, low sex drive) are often ignored, though tired and somewhat depleted – we push on. At this stage, if we’re not maintaining high nutritional levels with plenty of alkaline hydration, strong nutrition with lots of dark leafy greens and low to no allergen foods (animal products, sugar, caffeine, stimulants) – then we’ll often graduate to the next stage of exhaustion that’s culturally considered normal in western countries.
Stimulant dependency will additionally tax digestion, kidneys, adrenals and the lymphatic system – as we borrow more than we replenish – further demineralizing, demoralizing, and breaking down our bodies. The more advanced the exhaustion, the lower our hormonal and immune systems fall, and usually the less we enjoy life (even if we so love what we’re doing, and those we’re doing it with). It’s just no fun anymore, and dangerous to our health… and ignoring it usually only invites illness, “accidents,” or even a nervous break down.
Clearly, if we find ourselves here – I certainly have or wouldn’t be writing this – then life is telling us to slow down, reflect, and reconsider. This is my personal continual lesson, as I want to do it all, love it, and “don’t want to miss out.”
I run my own health business, our retreat center in Bali with a full staff, have started a non-profit, am in the process of developing new material with my partner and touring this summer, and I train professionally as a singer – while finding time to work on my music, and create content for my health programs. Not to mention international guest teaching and speaking throughout the year as well. And maintain a relationship, family and friends. Though exciting, managing my own personal energy and wellbeing is honestly my biggest challenge.
Here’s what helps me…
9 Ways To Build Energy:
- Quality of Thought. We know all we experience, including our state of wellbeing and health first began with how we think. Becoming aware of how we’re thinking is to open the power of choice. Do you think (and even repeat to yourself): “I don’t have time,” “I have to,” “I have no choice,” “I wish things were different.” What is your inner dialogue? This awareness is crucial in making different choices. Is it true you have no choice, have to, have no time, etc.? We make conscious or unconscious choices. It’s all a choice. Try inner dialoguing that says, “My choices are what I make them,” “I choose how I spend my time,” “I am free to consciously choose,” “I am 100% self-responsible for my wellbeing.”
- Be Aware of Story. Finding ourselves repeatedly exhausted likely means we’re in our tired story, or a habit of unconsciously being tired. How did I find myself here? Am I playing out a well-worn script and habit? Step out of the story to rewrite your life, and use your energy for building, instead of habitually depleting.
- Power of No & Discernment! Do you have issues saying no? Unfelt into yes’s can result in a no to oneself. Do you feel into your choices first, or tend to immediately say yes? Before giving a yes or no, be discerning. Feel into how the choice affects your personal wellbeing, and if it’s good for you (not just everyone else). If you say no, say it story free, without excuses, or justifying. If you say yes, ask yourself if you really have the inner and physical resource to follow through, before committing.
- Inner Work. Many of us grew up violated, or experienced a lack of care on some level – whether that is with an overbearing parent, neglect, abuse, etc. The degree we’ve faced our inner trauma (yes we all have it to whatever degree), is the degree we’re free of finding ourselves yet again tired, blown out, in patterns of overwhelm, and overextending. Do you have unresolved feelings or hurts? Give them a voice so they don’t have to get one destructively and wear you down.
- Support. Identify where you need help. Whether emotional, support at work, in relationships or at home – do you need support? Identify how and where, and immediately seek it out. Consistent support is often key in changing the tired story.
- Boundaries. Determine what’s ok with you and what’s not for your wellbeing (and in general). Create parameters, or boundaries, according to what best takes care of your health. Honor them yourself, and express your needs to others. Stick to protecting yourself. Do you properly protect yourself and honor your own needs? Prevent energy leakages with boundaries.
- Let Go. Seek stillness, simplicity & quiet. What are you willing to let go of? Freeing oneself of regrets, forgiving oneself and others, and letting go of emotional weight, will surely lighten one’s load – and contribute to regaining energy.
- Lifestyle Upgrades. Have you had a health check recently and been checked for candida and parasites? It’s difficult to not be tired if your digestion is too full, you’re not eliminating well, and you have candida (yeast overgrowth) and/or parasites. To reset, get checked, eat a high raw diet, and do a detox.
- Rest & Meditation. We repair mainly in sleep. Consistent rest, and even more during stressful periods, ensures proper tissue repair, memory retention, and regeneration. Often when we feel depressed, or apathetic, we’re simply tired. Meditation is equal to sleep in establishing a peaceful mind. Check out www.dhamma.org – nothing like a 10 day silent retreat to rest on the deepest of levels!
May we free ourselves of the tired story, seek support, let go much – and rebuild with boundaries, upgrading our lifestyle, rest and meditation. Learning to say no may likely be the biggest yes to oneself, and gift. Being clear of candida, and rebuilding one’s energy is a mindset, and a choice to truly put oneself first.
Blessings with the process, may we approach it with the innocence of a child – as an adventure, and gift to self. One breathe at a time, with each conscious choice we make to put ourselves fully in the equation of our own life – rested and regenerated.
Love from the USA.
March 11th & 12th, NYC… Upper West Side. Amy’ s Intuitive Naturopathic Sessions.
Dr. Amy’s intuitive based readings offer you an overview of your body’s condition (with emphasis on detecting blood quantity + organ, gland and emotional state review). The emphasis is on helping you to understand how diet, lifestyle, stress levels, and emotions affect your health, wellbeing, self-worth, and productivity levels. Reading you like a map, both physically and emotionally, she brings healing and health understanding, plus solutions, to meet your deeper needs – body to soul. What should I expect after the session? Many insights about your physical and emotional wellbeing, and personal protocol that’s designed according to your needs that’s practical and do-able (for doing a physical and/or emotional cleanse). Note: you will likely have emotional information to process after your session. Best to plan on solo time, relax, take a bath, go for a walk, journal, etc. Email me for session times and details, firstname.lastname@example.org.
March 11th, 7-9, NY, NY…. Gravity East Village. Talk on detox fundamentals, for the beginner to advanced. Learn how to not only physically detox, yet also emotionally. How, why, when – and getting the support you may need to continue. Science to Spirit. For reservations: 212-388-9788 or our cell 646-494-1845. On Facebook see: Amy Rachelle – 1-Day Detox, Physical to Emotional.
March 13, 4-8, Fairfield, CT… Catch A Healthy Habit. 1-Day Detox, Physical to Emotional
Learn the science of detox, why it’s important, and how it works – both in the body and emotions. Discover how you can be your best and most healthy by cleaning and nourishing your body, mind, and spirit – naturally and easefully. Learn a protocol tailored to your need with vegan, raw food, soups and/or juice. Discover tools for emotional detox – learn how to maintain your progress – and avoid old habits after a detox. Know how to take care of your total self, body to soul, head to heart. http://catchahealthyhabit.com/events/
March 27, 2-6, (Sundays for a few weeks or so) Bali, then Europe and USA this summer! Anthony and I are introducing our new work together, Gateways To Intimacy (see dates below). Intimacy. Music. Storytelling. Breathwork. Detox. Join us as we inquire into relationships: self to significant others to life itself. What does it take for relationships to work? What keeps us from it? Weaving stories, music, and dialoguing together, we’ll investigate our potential and pain in relating – based on one’s self-relationship, and how that is mirrored with others. Breathwork will aid us deeper as we peel back layers, and invite illumination into what we want the most, though often fear the most. Optionally go for a 1-day detox (or start a cleanse) with living foods, raw soups, and or juice.
Gateways To Intimacy Tour…
May 21-22, Rome
May 28-29, Zurich
June 4-5, Leysin, France
June 11-12, Amsterdam
June 18-19, London
June 25-26, Ibiza
Oct. 1-2, NY, NY
Oct. 8-9, San Diego, CA
Oct. 15-16, San Francisco, CA
Oct. 30-Nov. 18, Bali Holistic Nutrition & Detox Retreat
Like to be a part of helping us to promote an event or know a special venue? We’d love your support! Become a Gateways To Intimacy Ambassador! Email us for more info, email@example.com
See our new Gateways To Intimacy video here
Oct. 30-Nov. 18, Bali. Holistic Nutrition & Detox Retreat. Vegan & Rawfood Chef Certification & Detox Training. Transform Your Body & Mind. Experience Clarity, Complete Energy, & Lasting Inspiration